7 Best Essential Oils for Wrinkles + Anti-Wrinkle Night Oil Recipe
While there are many anti-aging formulations available on the market, some have chemicals that may be harmful to your skin with long-term use. These 7 best essential oils for wrinkles are an ancient beauty secret perfect for reducing the visible signs of aging.
Essential oils are known as the concentrated “life force” of the plant because they penetrate your skin quickly to hydrate and restore a radiant-looking complexion.
Maybe you don’t realize that your skin is actually the largest organ of your body. It’s also the most vulnerable since it’s the organ most exposed to the elements so it can take an awful beating over time.
As you begin to grow older, suddenly years of abuse begin to become noticeable.
Over time, the skin loses a protein that keeps the skin looking fresh, vibrant, and young… That protein is collagen!
With less collagen present in the skin’s second layer (the dermis), the skin can no longer keep its plump, youthful shape. It starts to sag, and sagging is further aided by gravity. The wrinkles may be fine at first, but with time they begin to deepen. It is at this point, unfortunately, that you’ll begin to see wrinkles forming.
What To Do?
Many women who experience this natural cycle of aging think about undergoing cosmetic surgery. But surgery is invasive and dangerous…
Any type of surgery carries a risk of infection and worse yet, you may look freaky and not at ALL like yourself and hate it!
An alternative to surgery… one that’s safer, less expensive, and definitely won’t hurt as much… is to use essential for wrinkles. Or at least start by preventing wrinkles naturally.
Even if you decide to do something more aggressive or invasive in the future… These essential oils for wrinkles have the properties that will help your skin look its best.
Is Skincare Worth Your Time?
Using these essential oils for wrinkles will speed things along if you don’t overload your system with toxins that the skin has to work hard to eliminate.
But you already know this right? Reduce alcohol (a real ager if ever there has been) coffee, tea, sweets, red meats, and all the things you already know will clog up your digestion and then your skin cells.
Here’s the thing… Why do we do this? Why do we do the things we know we shouldn’t do?
Maybe you’re saying to yourself… Is it worth it? Is taking the time for skincare really worth my time?
YES! It is worth it. If you can cut ten years from your appearance, you’ll feel ten years younger, have more energy, and even your outlook on life will be better.
Below you’ll find the best essential oils for erasing the signs of aging on your skin.
Start today if you want to look healthy and good as the decades go by!
7 Best Essential Oils for Wrinkles
Essential Oil 1: Jojoba oil
Jojoba oil is most commonly known for its role in hair care products and hydrating conditioning lotions. But Jojoba oil has many more special powers than just adding extra shine to your hair.
In fact, cold-pressed jojoba oil is rich in iodine, a trace mineral that many people don’t get enough of with today’s diets of highly processed foods. Jojoba oil is also about as non-oily as you can get and can be your skin’s new best friend in so many ways:
- It is non-comedogenic. So it won’t clog up your pores and lead to acne.
- It is full of fats which help to prevent water loss in the skin. (Aging is the result of dehydration of the skin. Jojoba adds suppleness and maintains moisture in the skin
- It can also increase your skin’s ability to produce more collagen. This is a huge “win” when using jojoba oil to combat wrinkles!
- It can balance combination skin. This keeps your skin from being too dry in some areas and too oily in others.
- It is all-natural and organic. To date, there have been no reports of jojoba oil causing any type of allergic reaction even in people with sensitive skin.
- It also has sunscreen properties and contains many vitamins and minerals.
Essential Oil 2: Pomegranate Seed oil
Pomegranate oil is made from the red seeds of the pomegranate fruit. In fact, it is that trademark dark red color that gives away pomegranate oil its biggest benefit to your skin…
Pomegranate seed oil is a rich, nutritious oil. It takes over 250 pounds of fresh pomegranate seeds to make just one pound of pomegranate seed oil.
Pomegranate Seed Oil Benefits:
- Improves skin texture
- Good for all skin types
- Stimulates skin cells to reveal a more youthful skin appearance
- Anti-inflammatory for eczema, psoriasis, and sunburn
- Deeply hydrating and soothing
- Antioxidants to help with collagen production to firm skin
- Packed with bioflavonoids, a natural UV repellant, and a skin protector
If you’re having trouble finding a sunscreen that your skin tolerates well… Your worries are over! Just use pomegranate see oil instead. It has all the same benefits and none of the scary-sounding ingredients or harsh side effects.
Essential Oil 3: Lavender oil
Lavender oil is a continual favorite for its soothing, relaxing fragrance. But it can do much more than just help you de-stress and sleep.
Perhaps its #1 benefit is that it can boost your body’s production of antioxidants… Antioxidants bind to free radicals and lower your risk of cancer, especially skin cancer.
Lavender’s most potent skin healing and wrinkle-reducing properties come from its high concentrations of antimicrobial, antioxidant, and antibacterial agents.
Additionally, Lavender oil is a go-to essential oil for healing burns, scrapes, eczema, psoriasis, rashes, hives, and chronic skin irritations.
Lavender is one of the few essential oils that can be applied directly to the skin without dilution. Lavender oil is one of the most popular essential oils in the world.
Kansa Healing Wands review
Essential Oil 4: Frankincense oil
Frankincense first became famous because of its role in a certain scriptural VIP’s Biblical birth. It was once considered more valuable than gold.
But today it is earning its second day in the sun as a natural restorative essential oil for wrinkles and skin healing.
Check out this list of miracles Frankincense oil can pull off:
- Reduce the appearance of sunspots and age spots.
- Protect the cells of your skin and reduce the incidence of acne.
- Even out skin color across your face and neck.
- Firm and tighten sagging skin.
- Plump up areas where wrinkles have formed.
- Strengthen and thicken skin (important since skin thins out as you age!).
- Fades stretch marks, scars, cracks, and wounds.
- Moisturizes and hydrates irritated dry skin.
Essential Oil 5: Geranium Oil
Geranium essential oil is a potent antioxidant and has significant sun-protective properties. The use of Geranin in sunscreen formulations can help protect your skin from photodamage, as scientific studies have shown that it provides protection against UV rays.
Geranium essential oil also has antiseptic abilities which will help with holding moisture inside the cells while keeping out harmful external elements like pollution or radioactivity!